Friday, January 28, 2011

Shout Out : So What If I'm Different?

WARNING : THIS POST CONTAINS RANDOMNESS, RAMBLENESS, ANGSTNESS, ANGRYNESS, ETC. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED, MY FRIEND...

For me, junior high life was fun.
Being in the same class for three years, knowing inside and out of each person, laughing and crying together, and for some times, lash out at each other, almost made our friendship broken, but we quickly repaired that.
Still, I love it. Why, you say?
Because all of us were different, and we actually APPRECIATE each other.
Of course, back then, I'm also a manga and anime fan, and everyone knew that. They also knew that I love English and Japanese songs more than Indonesian. The others? Some of them loves to talk about boys, some talks some random things, some play their laptops, some of them play soccer IN THE class, some of them watch movie using the school's computer, etc.
But still, we appreciate each other.
When all of us talked together, we talked everykind of topic. Each of us knew what the topic that he/she didn't like, so we rarely talked about that. For instance, the girls knew that I didn't like having boy talks, so they kept that topic to a minimum. And I knew that they won't like anime, so I rarely talked about that, only talking about that to my best friends and fellow fans.
We sometimes mocked each other, yet we tried not to hurt their feelings. When someone was sad, we'd helped as we could. We made all of us talk, even the most quiet person, our class leader, would talk to us.
In short, yes, we ARE different, very different. But we APPRECIATE it.
That was the time when I hoped that this situation would last in senior high.


However, the reality was rather cruel to me.


As I began my senior high, things changed. VERY changed.




At the beginning, I loved my new class. Less fighting, more peacefull. But of course that was ONLY the beginning.
Then I noticed that I was different from the others.
There were those who always talked about boys, even when I'm around and knew that I didn't like them. There were those who ignored things, or oblivious to things. There were those who were not socializing with the others, yet no one helped them. And me? Well, I'm trapped with no one.


It's as if everyone only care about their things, not OTHERS.


Let's take a look. There were these girls, who ALMOST become my new best friends (or so we called it) but didn't. Even when I tried to join them, they were always talking about boys, the topic that I didn't like about. I mean, seriously, talking boys? Imagining things like, "Ah, this senior is nice, etc"? Pfft, so... useless. Just use the time to, well, study! Or talk about other useful things! Not that I'm a yuri or anything, no. It's just that.. it's useless for me. Strange enough, am I?
Then there were the time where I accidentally talked about anime and manga. And the response from the others? "Oh, it's just a cartoon, right?" Seriously, even if you don't like it, don't piss someone off =="
And then when we were waiting in the hall for sports. We're listening to some music on the radio, and when some Indonesian music's on, they sang loudly, and, being not understandable to the songs, I just hummed to show that I appreciate their choice. But when Maroon 5's on and I wanted to started singing, what were they saying? "What's this song? So weird, I don't understand it. Change it!"
And they said it right in front of me, even though they knew I like the song.
Pissed? Of course I am! If the things that you like being talked by people about that, what will you feel? Pissed right?
And then when this quiet-looked girl started to speak? Every girls actually mocked her, though not that explicit, but stil.... Just because she's an ALAY, doesn't mean she has to be treated like that, right?


I know that I'm different. Yet, I don't want to change. Why should I talk about boys? Listening to music I don't like? (Somehow) mocking the girl? Shopping? Shoes? Clothes?
Why should I? Well, I know that I'm not that dilligent, or religious (Hell, I even curses here and there), but still...


Yes, I've appreciated their choice. Yet, they never appreciated me. Always ignored me. Somehow makes me don't have friends. 

Oh, how high school life sucks.

Even though I knew that, yet I firmly believed, that I didn't need to change. So what if I'm different? It's my way of life, appreciate it, or you're out.


Life's cruel, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment