Saturday, January 22, 2011

Shout Out : Best Friends, Friends, or Just Acquaintances? (Eng)

There was a time when I was still awoke late at night. The silent atmosphere in my room, which sometimes interrupted by some vehicles passing by, were poking at me for still awake, eyes opened wide. Even the cold air couldn't make me drowzy enough to sleep. Since I wanted to kill the time, I started to do some thinking. I can't watch anime since the notebook was in my parent's room. I can't go online since I didn't have electronic pulse left. Studying? Eh, no good either, since I wasn't in mood (though, who IS in the mood for STUDYING?). 

Then I started some brainstorming. Thinking about anything. Then, a nice topic struck me. 

Friendship.



Well, who doesn't know friendship? I mean, of course everyone know, and have, well, at least ONE friendship. But this is not what I want to talk about. Rather it's about whether the people we know are our best friends, friends, or just acquaintances.

In real life, we can look at a lot of people who often says : he/she is my best friend! Or maybe, "Friends forever!", or something like that. Also, they say it easily, and we also think easily that they ARE my best friend.

But is it true that they think of you as a best friend? Or, you think of them as a best friend?

Let's look at all of the people around us, such as our classmates. We talk to them, play with them, and consider them as friends. However, this is not true. Actually, deep down inside the heart, you only consider them as mere acquaintances.

Acquaintances are those people around you whose name you know, who you often see, who maybe have something in common and feel comfortable around us. Sometimes you invite them somewhere (though to limited place only), but actually you rarely share your life with them because you don't know enough about them. They'll only judge your appearance from the outside, share gossips and small talks, and sometimes they'll disagree with your ideas and opinions.

Friends of course, are different. Friends are people who you loved and cared about. You'll feel safe around them because you know that they care about. They'll call you without excuse and listen to your problems. Both of you share your secrets with ease, help each other to become a better individual, know each other inside and out, share the happiness and sadness together, go out everywhere and anytime, and always appreciate each other's ideas. They won't laugh at you if you ridicule yourself, won't hurt you, and if they do then they'll do anything to make you forgive them.

And best friends? Well, just add the word "really, extremely, absolutely" to the sentences above. You get the idea right?

So how about me, you ask?

Truthfully, I don't really have much best friends, let alone friends, to begin with. You know, I've moved 4 times in my life, thanks to my father's job. Between the moves, I make acquaintances, friends and best friends. Howeve, they don't regard me as such. Some of them turn out to be mere acquaintances, since they never contacted me again after I moved. Some of them just become friends, and only 1 girl has become my best friend, though now we rarely contact each other due to our business.

How about classmates? Well, I like to think of them as friends, but some of them just think of me as acquaintance. Actually, in my new class, I ALMOST got best friends, even both of us asked each other about that, but now? They rarely thought me as a friend, almost ignored me, in fact, since they tend to group with each other.

Damn, now I miss my junior high class. All of them are friends, and even I've got 3 best friends.

Sigh.

So, the conclusion? It's hard to get best friends, let alone friends. We know it;s easy to say, but it's hard to get done. My advice? Just don't think highly that they will thought you as best friends, because if no, you'll be down. REALLY down. Hey, it's my personal experience, so I know how I felt.

But really, you HAVE TO search for friends. Your life is not the same without them. 

FIN
Inspired by : this and that

No comments:

Post a Comment